Monday, December 14, 2009

Series of Negotiations

I remember hearing stories from other mommies about when their child decides to be independent enough to pick out their own clothes...and constantly changing outfits throughout the day. I remember thinking, "how cute and funny!" Now that Samantha has discovered her opinion....it is NOT cute OR funny! She insists on wearing this crazy blue ballerina skirt ALL the time...not to mention the fact that it is part of pajamas AND it goes with nothing. This is what we compromised on today. It took bribing her with candy to put on pants...and letting her pick out her sparkly red shoes to put on a shirt. I didn't even object when she insisted on wearing her hair down. And that was a smile I got...can you imagine how our family photo shoot went?

2 comments:

Amy said...

You lucky mom! I'm glad Lauren is at the phase yet!

Ashley said...

How have I missed so many posts??? Jaxon too likes to pick out his own clothes...but since he's a boy and doesn't have much variation...he mostly wants to be in charge of what unders he wears...spiderman, incredible hulk, thomas the train...