Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ornery Etta

When me and my sisters were little, my mom had a nickname for us when we were fussing, nagging or just in a bad mood.
Today Samantha earned that name.

She did NOT take a nap today. When I finally gave up trying, she brought her pillow and blanket in the kitchen while I cooked dinner. She whined and moaned and cried...then all of the sudden, she went quiet. When I looked on the other side of the counter, this is what I found...
At first, she was laughing with me...but when the drink spilled all over her...her mood changed to this...
And then this...

Lucky for you, this was NOT caught on video.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

no nap=NO GOOD! So sorry, I've been there and it is not a happy place!

Becky said...

Keep us posted on the hurricane headed your way!!

Debbie and Bobby said...

HI there and welcome to the Sandbox! I don't know if you remember us, the Mackenzies. I don't think we actually got to know one another much. We lived in the same building as you but the next four apartments over on the bottom (we shared a wall with the awerkamps) Anyhow your Sam is beautiful! I was reading your blurb on the wymount website and noticed that you said you live in Katy. My sister and her troopers (husband and five kids) used to live there and really liked it. I can't remember when they moved to away but their last names are Madsen...ring a bell? They maybe have been goon by the time you moved in. Well anyway, if you wante to try to put a face with the name our blog is www.mackenzie4family.blogspot.com. We only had Liam at the time but have two more additions since then. it is fun to be able to keep in touch with those that were part of such a special (and poor!) time of our lives!