Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Samantha and I have quite a routine going for us in the morning. She typically wakes up around 9-9:30. First thing on the agenda is changing her gigantic diaper! We definitely need to start limiting her drinks at night, she is quite the pee-pee head. After we've sucessfully transferred her pillow, blanket, and 2 babies out of the crib, we begin wandering around the house. This originally was quite a lengthy activity...taking us through all the rooms of the house and typically ending up in the gameroom where Sam proceeds to turn the tv and dvd player on and off, over and over and over. I've since learned to focus her attention by simply saying, "Sammie, do you wanna eat breakfast?" Who'da thought, it totally works! I know, I'm genious. I should seriously write a book.


Breakfast is a hit or miss. She always climbs into her highchair and asks for her bib to be put on (which is rare for any other meal), but once the food comes it's a whole other story. Some days she eats, other days, not at all! Once that battle is over, I let her out with her juice (and usually a handful of food) and she runs to the tv and jumps on the couch. She is squealing something, but to this day I don't know what. I do know, she wants to turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Today, I got her on video. If it weren't for the pancake in her mouth, she would be singing and dancing along a lot more. Halfway through this video, Sam hollers, "wheeeeeee!" that is when Daisy Duck is sliding down the blue slide of the clubhouse. Sammie always yells, "wheeeee" on a slide....whether it is her or not.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Looks like she's having fun! I'll have to see if Lauren will watch that show.

Katy said...

Very cute! She is a happy little girl. Katy