Sunday, May 30, 2010

Blackberries

I am really trying to garden. It's been a year, and I've already learned a lot. Many things have worked in our humble square foot garden, many did not. I've also planted an apple tree, a blackberry bush and a bunch of other plants and flowers. This year, was our first year for blackberries. I had very low expectations and I must say...they are great! Sam loves going out to pick the purple ones. I am planning on making freezer jam. Sam's only plans are 'smoothilies,' which in her language is smoothies.

3 comments:

Jen and Bryan said...

I haven't read your blog for a few weeks so here's my congrats. YEAH!!!!!! I'm thrilled for you and Blake. I can't wait to hear what the baby is and am so happy things are going well despite the rough start. Sam will be such a great big sister. :)

Ginger said...

How awesome to have your own blackberries growing in your yard!!! Soooo lucky! They look gorgeous to---the whole plant. I just made blackberry cobler tonight with fresh blackberries from Costco! Yummy! We love blackberries.

The Esquivel Family said...

I have not tried to grow blackberries...they look great. Any problems? I think we will try next year...we took a break from gardening this year.