Thursday, May 13, 2010

16 weeks and counting...

Not that it has been a secret, or that I can physically hide it any longer...we are expecting a baby! I just had my 16 week appointment and am now safely in my 2nd trimester. Bye-bye risk of miscarriage...or so we are hoping. :)

This pregnancy started off badly with complications that scared us. Seriously, have you ever heard of a small pregnancy sac? Well, that is what this baby was dealing with, which according to our fertility doctor was everything to be concerned about. After moping around for weeks and lots of praying, one day the doctor said, "huh! nevermind! everything looks good!"

Due date is October 30th and we find out if it is a boy or a girl on June 8th.

12 comments:

Kristin said...

I can't tell you how excited I am for you guys!!! I will be waiting for a text on the 8th!!!

Ashley said...

HURRAY!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Miracles do happen, and we are (im)patiently waiting for ours to happen! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS!

Maddock Family said...

YAHOO! The world needs more of your beautiful babies. Honestly, can it get any cuter than Sammie?

Taryn and the boys said...

so glad everything is going so well. can't wait to find out!!

Jasmin said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy to hear your news! I was just looking at your darling pictures of Sammy the other day on your blog and hoping you'd be able to be pregnant again soon! Yea! And, my goodness, hooray for miracles about the sac issue. I have never heard of that. Keep us updated! We miss you!

Melissa said...

Yay!! Congrats!! With my last baby, we had lots of miscarriage scares in the first 10 weeks, no fun! Especially after having a few miscarriages! So glad it's going better this time around!!
BTW, I have been working on Patrick's mission scrapbook, and been enjoying lots of pictures of our hubby's back in the day!! They look SO YOUNG!!! :)

Emily and Jake Shoff said...

Yeah!~ SO HAPPY for you guys! Can't wait to hear what you're havin. Sam will be such a great big sister! Love and miss you guys so much!

Marci said...

Congrats! I can't wait to hear what you are having! Hopefully I'll see you soon with the pools opening up :-)!

Jilynn said...

What a miracle! Congrats on the pregnancy! It's hard to not have doubts after having miscarriages in the past but keep the faith! So happy for you!

Machalagh said...

Congratualtions guys! We are so thrilled for you. What a wonderful blessing!

Kate said...

You look so cute and yay for another one :). I am excited for you guys. I can't wait to hear what you guys are having!!

The Esquivel Family said...

Is is the 8th yet? Can't wait to hear the news :)